Thursday, January 06, 2005

me and the helicopter guy

so-it's a new semester and we are lazily debating various aspects of the english language when this guy, who happens to be wearing an army shirt--no coincidence, he is in the army--counters a point that i made and my teacher elaborated on by asking what exactly we mean by nationalism being a problem. A problem? i suppose if you are in the army and support the babbling idocy of dear old W, and if you go to sleep dreaming of being a helicopter pilot (no comment on the riduculous waste of money and fuel those things are), then you probably don't see the problem with America becoming a nation of self-absorbed pompous asses who think that America is the greatest thing since swiss cheese. Cheese with holes in it, right? Everybody needs it. Anyway, i kept my mouth shut and let my teacher be diplomatic in telling helicopter guy that he is a fool; it is only the second day of class, and we will be sure to have some beautiful debates in class this semester. so, me and the helicopter guy.

also: I am the new editor of inscape; call me demi-god--everyone else does.

also: Special K is the assistant editor; call her demi-goddess--I do.

More special updates about helicopter guy as we prepare to clash.

4 comments:

editorgirl said...

You can just hear the minions lining up behind you, can't you?
And I will continue to refer to you as the demi-god, but do you mind if I refer to K as the demi-goddess?

oh! resolution said...

e.g. - your comment = understood. check the post for correction.

oh! resolution said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristen said...

"You like me! You really like me!"

which is to say, I always wanted to be the demi-goddess. I will heretofore attend secret meetings bejewelled.